Many of us can’t wait for the warmer weather to arrive so we can start on DIY projects for our home. Below are some easy and quick Spring DIY projects that may only take a weekend to complete.
1. Paint your cabinets. Painting your kitchen cabinets can be a more affordable and easier way to upgrade your kitchen rather than buying all new cabinetry. You can enhance the look of your cabinets with new hardware to bring out a sleek and refreshing look to your kitchen. Consider adding in fresh plants or a bouquet of flowers to help soften the look of your kitchen.
2. Replace the bathroom fittings. Simple things such as installing a new shower head, replacing a toilet seat, and fitting new hardware to your sinks and bathtub is a low-cost improvement that will give your bathroom a new look. If you have little ones, adding extra storage such as a medicine cabinet or towel racks can be a simple and useful improvement.
3. Install new light fixtures. This could mean opting for recessed lighting or choosing a unique lighting fixture that matches the theme of your home. You can choose anything from chandeliers to even wall sconces to bring more lighting and personality to a room.
4. Repaint or replace your front door. The front door can bring out the personality of your home and make a great first impression on guests. You can choose to add a pop of color to brighten up the exterior look of the home or choose to replace the door altogether.
5. Add landscaping to your home. Start with these basic garden maintenance steps:
- Pull out weeds.
- Add mulch.
- Cut the grass.
- Plant flower beds.
6. Wash the exterior of your home. From power washing your driveway or washing the exterior walls of your house, your home can feel fresh and new after a good clean from the harsh winter weather. Caution: Make sure to test a small area if you choose to use a power washer to prevent damage to older brickwork.
7. Paint your window frames or replace your shutters. Even exterior paint can fade away from the ever-changing weather throughout the years. Buy a can of exterior paint and repaint your window frames and shutters. Some exterior paints even come in spray cans which make the work less messy. Or if you are trying to improve the look of your home, you can choose to buy new shutters which come in a variety of different designs.
Remember, there are some bigger projects and home upgrades that can impact your home insurance. It is important to discuss these upgrades with your independent agent to make sure you have appropriate coverages in place as well as potentially help you lower your insurance premiums.
1. A new roof
2. Upgrading your security system
3. Home additions / renovations
4. Plumbing and Electrical Upgrades
Tackle a few or all these Spring DIY projects to your home and remember to contact Paroubek Insurance for all your home insurance questions and needs.
Sources: https://www.thisoldhouse.com/21018142/21-home-improvement-budget-upgrades https://www.hgtv.com/how-to/home-improvement/diy-home-projects-pictures