During the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period, you can make changes to your current Medicare coverage. The Medicare Annual Enrollment Period, or AEP, runs from October 15th to December 7th every year.
What Changes Are Allowed During the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period?
• Switch from Medicare Advantage back to Original Medicare
• Enroll in Medicare Advantage from Original Medicare
• Change from one Medicare Advantage plan to another
• Sign up for a Part D prescription drug plan
• Change from one Part D prescription plan to another
• Cancel your prescription drug coverage
Please Note: Any changes you make during the Medicare Annual Enrollment Period will take effect on January 1st of the following year.
What Should I Consider When Choosing Medicare Coverage Annually?
• Did my monthly premiums increase?
• Are my medications still listed on my drug formulary?
• What are my predicted annual medical costs going to be?
• Is my doctor still in my plan’s network of providers?
• Do I plan on traveling this year?
• What ancillary benefits do I have?
We encourage you to take a deeper look into the coverage you currently have. Think about your health situation, and what you are currently getting the most use out of. Then, try to figure out how you may be able to supplement or reduce your total out-of-pocket costs.
Schedule a meeting with Paroubek Insurance today and review your current Medicare coverages and compare options during the annual enrollment Period. Contact Lashonda Degeneffe at (920)347-9115 or Ldegeneffe@paroubekinsurance.com.