“Helping People” is our Mission at Paroubek Insurance. We are passionate about “Helping People” find the insurance coverages they need to protect their business and family. Our mission of “Helping People” also extends into our community. We are incredibly grateful for the community around us and aim to support others as much as possible.
The holidays are a great time to highlight some organizations that help people in our area. 2020 has been a challenging year for everyone. These organizations have felt the stress of those challenges yet have been stretched to provide more support and services to a greater number of people than ever before. We certainly consider them to be on the list of heroes in our community and we are so thankful for all that they do.
There are countless organizations that work tirelessly to aid and support individuals and families throughout the year. These are just a few to consider as you look to give this holiday season.
· Salvation Army of Greater Green Bay: From providing coats for kids, to fighting hunger, to helping overcome poverty and helping disaster victims, The Salvation Army of Green Bay works to meet human needs without discrimination. https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/greenbay/ways-to-give/
· Salvation Army Kroc Center: Our local Kroc Center provides family support, education, recreation, and a cultural arts center to encourage overall health and wellness in the community. This is a place where people are welcomed and supported regardless of physical, educational, or social circumstances. Donations can be dropped off or mailed directly to the Kroc Center at 1315 Lime Kiln Rd, Green Bay, Wi. 54311. Note on your donation the program to which to direct your funding (Aquatics, Fitness, Dance, Gymnastics, Arts & Education, Senior Programs, or Scholarship Programs)
· Family Services of Northeast Wisconsin: Protecting, Healing, and Caring for families that need support. Committed to supporting all people through life’s challenges and transitions. Offering Childhood Development programs, Youth Guidance, Counseling, Crisis Services, and Job/Life Skills. As part of Family Services, Willow Tree Child Advocacy Center provides assistance to abused and neglected children. https://www.familyservicesnew.org/get-involved#donate
· Boys & Girls Club of Greater Green Bay: Focused on engaging and meeting the needs of youth in our community so that they may achieve academic success, demonstrate good character, and lead a healthy life.
· Green Bay Freedom House: Offering emergency shelter, food, basic hygiene items, and support to families. Assisting with budget planning and life skills and knowledge to help families get back out on their own. https://www.freedomhouseministries.org/donate/
· Paul’s Pantry: Food pantry run entirely on community funding. Monetary donations are used for operating expenses and supplementary food items. https://www.paulspantry.org/donate/
· St. John’s Homeless Shelter: Providing a warm meal, a safe place, and resources to give individuals an opportunity to take steps towards self-sufficiency. https://www.stjohnhomelessshelter.org/donate/
· YWCA of Greater Green Bay: Women’s Empowerment Center, as a program within the YWCA, has programs to help women build self-confidence, develop job/life skills, and gain relevant work experience in a positive, nurturing environment that foster personal and professional growth. https://www.ywcagreenbay.org/get-involved/donate/
As you prepare for this holiday season and a new year, consider donating your time, talents, or money to others. There is strength in our community! What will your impact be today?