Simple Ways to Save | Heating Your Home
As the temperatures continue to drop, review these simple ways to save on heating your home!
ROUTINE MAINTENANCE - Have your furnace checked and routine maintenance done (at least once per year), to increase the furnace's life span! This can also drastically reduce the chance of a mid winter break down!
PROGRAMMABLE THERMOSTAT - Easy to install and program; these can help your efficiency by not heating an empty home. Set the thermostat to lower temps when you're away at work.
CHECK FOR GAPS
- Doors and windows are the most likely places for your home to lose its heat. Caulking and weather stripping could save you a lot of money!
CHANGE THE FILTER
- Clean filters can drastically improve to your home’s efficiency. Follow the manufacturer's recommendation for how frequently it should be changed and consider changing more often if you have pets!
SWITCH YOUR FAN
- The switch on your ceiling fan reverses the direction that air is being pushed. Flipping the switch to push the air down allows the hot air near the ceiling to continue to rotate in the room.
UNCOVER THE VENTS
- Double check that none of the air vents in your home are covered by furniture! Vents covered by couches and beds can drastically reduce how effectively heat spreads throughout a room.
LET THE SUN IN
- Take advantage of the sun when you can in the winter by opening blinds during day to help heat up the house!